Friday, January 29, 2010

Braised BBQ Beef

We aren't beef eaters. When I met my friend gail ten summers ago (really? jeepers!), she was a vegetarian, and I remember telling her I couldn't imagine giving up steak. She didn't try to persuade me, but magically I haven't eaten steak since that summer (possibly one or two exceptions). Eating less and less meat over the years has meant we find it harder to digest, so I don't really cook meat much anymore at all. So, why I am making beef? I do not know. All I do know is that I read this recipe three days ago and would have happily chucked my well-planned menu out the window if I'd had the ability to get to the butchers' that day. Go figure. It is about 30 minutes into the 3 hour cooking time, and so far, it is smelling fantastic! I haven't had good BBQ in ages, so I've got high hopes!


Verdict: DELICIOUS! Ocean Springs people, it's SHED GOOD! This recipe is definitely going in my bag of tricks for easy entertaining. As Elise wrote on her page, it can easily be doubled (tripled, quadrupled...) for larger numbers, and it's so simple! It requires a lot of time but hardly any work, and the results are fabulous! Assuming you eat beef...

2 comments:

  1. I still want to eat at the Shed one day...in the meantime, this looks like it will substitute nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a lucky guest at dinner the evening this was on the menu and it is delicious!

    ReplyDelete